Sunday 16 June 2013

Weekend blog browsing - filofax and planners

Happy Sunday!

When I was growing up imagining my weekends as an adult, I thought I'd be jogging around the blog looking fashionably stylish with my ipod secured around my arm, or having a lavish brunch in bed with the Sunday papers in my hands and the tv on - most likely the Sunday Times, paying particular attention to the Sunday supplement, and watching Will and Grace on channel 4.

When is the last time I watched Will and Grace? Have I ever even bought the Sunday Times? What do you think?

Instead, I find myself rolling around in the sheets yet undecided as to whether I've had my full sleep yet, then checking my phone for WhatsApp messages, browsing my Pinterest feed - for some length and then perhaps switching on my PC an checking out the YouTube beauty videos put up in the States overnight and, now that I have a blogger account, checking out my Blog Feed. 

Firstly, it turns out I'm not QUITE as big a filofax enthusiast as some other bloggers out there. I don't get particularly fascinated at looking at other people's weeks - it gets to a point that you see so many you just don't find anything inspiring in there. However, I do like to check out recent stationary hauls and new ideas the bloggers share, or just some simple good sense.

Here's some blog posts I'd recommend to all plannery or filofaxy people out there:

1. Kent from Oz's FILOFAXUATIONS: Making my Filofax Mine


This is a VERY SHORT and to-the-point article outlining the needs of a filofax user at a bare minimum. Initially this prompted me to do a similar post, but actually, I couldn't have put it putter myself as I agree wholeheartedly:
"I need it to be 
  1. practical
  2. set out neatly
  3. organised so I do not waste time searching for what I need
  4. Not stuffed with pages I would rarely use
  5. binder needs to lay flat when I am writing
  6. I need storage for A4 fold paper that I use at work
  7. only the essential sticky notes, stickers and flags
  8. holds three pens I use daily
  9. keeps everything together when closed
  10. smells good!"
    Like I said, I couldn't have put it better myself - although the last one is perhaps specific to those who've had unpleasantly smelling planners? I don't know what that's about - maybe leather that's been treated to strongly, or sometimes when certain products are shipped (like handbags) they get this strange fishy smell - I have no such trouble with mine.

    2. Purple is My Happy: Liebster Blog Award


    If I hadn't come across this post to start with I wouldn't have a blog feed. I've not had a chance to read the full article in detail, but it introduces you to this award for up and coming blogs and, as the writer has been nominated she had to nominate 11 blogs for the award too - a great system for increasing awareness, although perhaps 11 in too many - I can't name 11 blogs that I read. Anyhow, if those are the rules, those are the rules! Check the post out for more info on the award, Purple is My Happy's nomination and her recommended blogs

    3. Philofaxy - 2014 diary inserts (download and print)


    This is just in here because it is. If I had never come across this blog, I may not have even got a filofax/planner. I've chosen to highlight this post because it's super helpful for you to be super organised for 2014 - If you don't want my SuperSchedule sheets that is!

    4. DIYfish - What & How of Life Mapping

    No image urls available for this site... but I expect there will be more recommended posts from this blog, but definitely check this one out, again if my SuperSchedule doesn't seem right for you, there are so many other possibilities out there - I might even adapt some of these features myself!

    Ok that'll do for now - time to get some chores done around here! If you have any recommended blogs, comment below!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment