Tuesday 11 June 2013

Update of what I've done and what's to come...

Hello world! How are you doing today?

I just wanted to talk for a moment, randomly, as you do. 

Planner things to come:

images of my superschedule in use - I had a few problems with my mail merging the dates and then printing the pages off with the right things on the back of each page. BUT I fixed it YAY! I'll be uploading pics and the actual files themselves.

budget planning pages - I went through a period of obsessively recording my spending - for everything, including if I lent 10p to someone at a bus stop. It sounds nuts but I was able to save £1000 of my wages over 4 weeks, and let me tell you, that's almost all of it. That was rare... I'd have a lot of money if I could keep that up every 4 weeks but the point is this really helped me get to a good place with my rainy day fund, which grew into my home renovation fund, and then into my deposit for a buy to let.. and now I'm thinking rather I'll just carry on saving until I can buy a mansion before I'm 50. It could happen. So anyway, that process of recording everything (in an excel spreadsheet) eventually died down and as much as I intend on restarting, it just ain't happening. Well seeing as I'm quite fixated on my planner and use it daily, I'll be working on a system which spreads across the planner and excel. I think it'll feature several component pages, and I've done one already so its sort of under way. Look out for that! 

stationery - now I love using my planner but its pretty heavy, and that's just a personal size. It weighs down a handbag like you wouldn't believe. If you agree please comment below! So with that in mind, I'm not going to have a separate stationary file/case with my in my handbag on a daily basis. Instead, I'm going to put together a little kit of essentials which should hopefully be integrated into my planner. That's right. Nothing too wacky, after all i have to take this to work!

DIY COVER ... I'm very excited about this. As someone who likes to switch up her coats, shoes and handbags very regularly, its important to have options with other accessories too. I'll being with fabric covers for my planner and then hopefully use that same method for covering my old wallets and purses, although I'm not sure if that's as possible. This will be tricky with the credit card slots and inside pockets of the planner itself, but I can always make new ones!

Exercise - I don't know what I don't know how, but I plan to no longer be terribly unfit. I don't know when, but my planner will assist in this goal! Which brings me to...

Goal Planning - who has a planner blog and doesn't cover goal planning? I'd say me actually. Some things I just don't get as motivated about. But everyone has goals of some type and I'll be recording some of mine in a motivational format, if that makes sense. Of course that'll all be shared on here too!

Okay, so if you find yourself wondering where has she gone, you'll know it's because I'm up to one of the above. I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I want to do that I've forgotten right now, but when they happen they'll happen and you'll get a nice surprise! If you're particularly keen on any seeing any of the above posts, comment below and I'll try to do them in order of most demanded. But seeing as most of my visitors appear to be the non commenty type, I'll probably have to just go by my own level of excitement!


Now for some rambling... about YouTube



1. I'll be putting the standard "here's my filofax" type video up on youtube in due course.

2. You won't know this yet, but I'm a little obsessed with beauty products, and this has been happening for about 2 years at least, and I fully intend for that to spill over onto this blog, again in due course. I'm COMPLETELY ADDICTED. I blame the world of youtubers out there. But rather than lash out, I actually decided to join them. I've done a few cringe worthy videos in the past but I've started a fresh with... another cringe worthy video. Unfortunately I've not got the best pc system - something's wrong with it and purchasing a fancy new machine is out of the question for the time being. SO I used some trial editing software on this occasion and a beautiful scribble is across my face. Could be a blessing in disguise as this is my face 11 hours after I put it on. I'm just talking about what I bought from Boots during a quick lunchtime trip from their 3 for 2 / 2 for 7/ 2 for 9 promotions. Its nothing special but if you want to have a look >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtPth7gqKEE I'm not going to embed it because its a bit lame. But if you want to see and hear me talk rather than just read my nonsense, check it out! I also apologise for my accent. What IS that exactly?  OK so I'll admit - I was so schocked at the quality and embarassed by my face I removed the video altogether - I'd apologise but actually, I think I'm doing you a favour. Trust me, you have better things to do.

I did film a previous haul, and a few other videos and I have a few ideas in the pipeline so they'll be posted up on this blog too. gulp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment