Saturday 17 August 2013

Body scrub review - Soap and Glory: Sugar Crush Body Scrub part 2

Happy Saturday, visitors! Remember my Body scrub post last week? (you can read it here) I promised a follow up review on using it on dry skin before a shower, as in that post I had only tried it on wet skin. So here you go... starting with some dark dark pictures...
Ok so you may recall that on the whole I wasn't very impressed by this scrub when used in the shower, or on wet skin. On dry skin however it is excellent! A few thoughts, in the order they occurred to me:
  1. Mmmm this smells good... good enough to...
  2. NO, DO NOT EAT this - honestly, it smells so inviting but it's just a big tease
  3. It's a very wet scrub, even just in the tub - this I knew before so no big surprise here...
  4. It's a really strange texture when you rub it on. like rubbing wet dough onto your legs. It's just strange but you do get used to it. I think I just have preconceptions of what a scrub should be, because as I said before, my experiences are with really coarse sugary scrubs.
  5. So how does it scrub on dry skin!? Wonderfully. I think it's the right mix between getting scrubbed and getting moisturised. Quite enjoyed it. takes away the dead skin and replenishes moisture at the same time.
  6. But it's hard to get that smell out of your... brain I think. I think it just pushes up you're nostrils and forces its way in. I must add that I had a BAD sickening migraine the day I last used this. Could it be related?
Overall opinion? 

Great for scrubbing before you get your skin wet and then rinsing off after, but the smell s a bit too overbearing to use regularly. So I'll probably use this in rotation with other scrubs. 

Repurchase? 

Really? Probably not - I think there are so many scrubs out there to try and this isn't my favourite right now, but I'll rethink once I've used it all up. 

Comment with your views on the scrub below - or if you have any questions about my experience with it, just ask!










1 comment: