Sunday 12 January 2014

Favourites 2013 - Body care

The next in my yearly favourite series is ready. Hopefully, like hopefully everyone's Christmas present debt, I'm will be closing 2013 by the end of January! Now, this is a short one seeing as I'm terrible with taking care of the rest of my body - Click here to see the full post, the breakdown is under the picture. 

Favourite/most used etc of 2013 ...  Body care
Shower gel / soap etc - Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake - This lasted ages and it's still not finished - I've had it at least since June. The smell is strong too, in the sense that an eau de parfum is strong, so you get your money's worth. It's an inoffensive scent that really does smell like vanilla cake - not just vanilla. Mmmm guilt free way to start (or end) the day. It's a shampoo and bath product too I could decant it into a little bottle for travel and it's an all in one product, but I doubt it would foam up much for the bath. It's so creamy. I've not tried it in my hair either but I imagine that scent would linger for a bit. Mmmmm.

Dove Soap - I never feel like shower gels or creams really give a squeaky clean and this has been my most used soap of the year. I use this before the shower gel for a pre-clean of areas such as the underarms and if I'm suffering from any acne or, if I've had to skip a shower for any life-or-death sort of reason, all over. If I haven't removed my make up from a night before I even like to use it on my face, I don't find it drying at all.

Boots Gentle Feminine Wash - I can't believe I only started using this in 2013, thanks to a 3 for 2 when buying pantyliners and wipes (useful for that time of the month especially on the go). I won't go into details, but if you don't use this and think you're doing everything fine, this will change your life. I also can't use certain products there because I must be sensitive or allergic to the ingredients or something so having a dedicated product is foolproof every time.  
_________________________________________________

Body Lotion / Cream etc - Garnier Intensive 7 Days - Ummm I'm cheating, because I mostly used Bio Oil seeing as I had a giant bottle I sort of want to use up, but I had a few samples of this and it truly is long lasting moisture. It sinks in well, is none greasy and somehow the hydration goes on even after a thorough shower. I have a variety of products to use up before I can justify purchasing this but I don't anything will come close so I'll definitely buy it again! It's not particualrly scented or anything so might be a case of layering products or using certain ones in certain places.
_________________________________________________

Exfoliater Tesco Spa Exfoliating Sugar Scrub - I got this for Christmas back in 2011 and neglected it for most of 2012 so it's a delayed appreciation. Simple and effective, really rough, just how I like - so long as you avoid delicate/broken skin, I like to rub this all over on already moist skin. At the end of the tub it gets less solid so may be better to put on before getting skin wet for a similar effect. It ran out and the tub is being reused so here it is on the Tesco website, although it appears to be out of stock. So cheap and cheerful! 

Exfoliating gloves- All you inefficient folks who think you haven't got time to exfoliate, hush! Slip these on get some soap or shower gel on them and just wash as you normally would - assuming everyone puts the soap directly all over their skin. Easy peasy lemon squeezy, great for the summer, great for getting ingrown hairs out, great for dry snakey legs, great for helping marks fade faster. Also discovered this year they're great if you know someone who likes their back scratched - this is like a spa experience in a glove, so long as you're light handed. Or slap some moisturiser on and then go for it. Available for 99p on eBay or pop down to your nearest poundshop or the like. You can pop them in your wash too. Or you can get something a bit more "fancy" but I've never seen a reason for it! Highly recommend for the underarm too make sure deodorant is out of your pores. I'm a bit neurotic! 
_________________________________________________

Hair Removal -  Panasonic Wet and Dry Epilator with Foot Care - Having used the foot file only once (and being impressed) I'm not really best placed to comment on that but the epilator is great because it's cordless, you can use it in the shower, the bath, anywhere. There is a beginner cap which I've never used because it's my second epilator - the first came with a shaver head and with a roller which stood the hairs up to be epilated properly but I'm just pleased the pain level has reduced! Here's more about it - can't be sure I'd get the exact same one if I needed another but I really shouldn't need another!  

If I have a good amount to remove though, I'm not going to faff about with an epilator, I'll wax at home (unless I need it fast and all over - that's a trip to the beauticians) and I'll do so using the gentle and nice smelling Veet Easyrip Ready to Use Wax Strips.
_________________________________________________

Hand Cream - Champneys Spa Treatment Hand and Nail Cream sinks straight in, is none greasy and gets it done!! No more dry knuckles or palms in my case and no more rough hangnails. I got this 40 ml tube in a gift set for just £10.50 but you can get the full size here. I have a bunch to use up before I get to that, as usual! 
_________________________________________________

Foot Care - Gel socks - I got these from eBay with the gel gloves too and they make sure your cream - almost any will do and hand cream is great for feet as well - stays on you and not on your socks or bed sheets at night, or if you're just pottering about the house. They can be washed in the sink too so good products! 
_________________________________________________

Scent - Chanel Coco Noir - this was bought at the start of the year and has been in frequent use nearly everyday since. I would not have bought it at full price so thankfully I was able to use some Capital Bonds vouchers. Can't describe the scent, except that it's strong and rich, quite evening appropriate but I wear it in the morning to take me through the whole day. You can read on the notes and what not here.

Also a shout out to Lancome La Vie Est Belle which I have been loving, I spilt a freebie miniature of it into a handbag when I bought A Lancome foundation and mascara and went ahead and bought a 75ml bottle from duty free on the way back from Dubai - it was cheaper in Heathrow tan anywhere I've seen it so I'm glad I waited to land back home! You can read on the notes here but I can say it's a unique and identifiable scent - I can smell it a mile off if someone is wearing it in the office, I haven't even needed to open my box yet!

I like cheap scents too, but these rrp £1 per 1 ml ones happen to be my favourites from the past year. 
_________________________________________________

Anti-Perspirant- Nivea Invisible for Black and White - this comes in a spray, a stick and in mens, as far as I'm aware, so there may be more. There is white mark protection - I hate this - anti yellow staining - my fella hates this, therefore this is a household favourite. And it's available from Amazon on subscribe and save in the stick for women so you may never have to look for it in the shops again. Win!
_________________________________________________

What have I left out? Probably nothing as I don't really use much bodywise, but do share your thoughts by all means! 

No comments:

Post a Comment