Thursday 26 December 2013

my birthday / christmas wishlist

Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas! Happy Boxing Day!

Having somehow had a very un-festive Christmas Day (fried eggs for brunch, krispy kremes for my mid afternoon meal followed by shepherd's pie for dinner.. mmm) I've already been out with someone at 7am and they got a laptop and tv and now I'm browsing the sales online - but I'm not one to impulse by having seen a low price.

So then I thought, well, what do I want for Christmas next year? Or my birthday? Or just as a treat for being myself? May as well start compiling a wishlist eh? Read on for more info - FYI I will probably be regularly updating this page.
In no particular order...

1. Straighteners (Straightening Irons) - I'll do my research as to which one I'm going to get, but I don't suppose you can go wrong with GHDs, especially if someone else is buying you them. I have been using Mark Hill Braun straighteners for close to 10 years and they've been great. In fact they still are, I just got the plates irrevocably dirty and that affects the glide of them somewhat. Hell, it's been 10 years, do I need an excuse?

When I've done my research and selected what I'd probably feel comfortable parting with my own cash for, I'll post that here. But for now, going in totally blind to what's out there, here's some that are on sale at selfridges (could be cheaper elsewhere) - 26.12.13

2. Babyliss Big Hair Styler - I feel like I only recently got my hairdryer but really I just use it to dry my hair in a jiffy by tipping my head upside down. There's not really any styling involved, which is why I'd like to have this also (other variations and brands do exist - not chosen exactly which one I'd get yet):
Here's the search result for Amazon - 26.12.13

3. Fancy smanzy camera. Totally do not need one - I need to be prompted to take photographs at some of the most obvious times - but I wouldn't mind! I'm impressed by Sony, having got a hefty Sony camera a few years ago, and last year seeing one my friend got for her birthday. But there's all this fuss about cameras like the Canon 60D, or 600D, and all these.. sort of things. I don't want some nifty pocket camera, but what could I do with a digital SLR if I had one? 

4. Chanel 2.55 bag. Need I explain this? Probably. I would expect most people who read my blog to think like how I do, and this goes against all reason. I think I want this in a grey, if not black. If not this, I suppose the Chanel 3 bag would be fine. Well. I don't know. How do you choose between something like this... you can't base it on price!!!

5. A power flosser to supplement my electric toothbrush. I invested heavily in my toothbrush and found it has made a difference however flossing everyday is a chore I cannot commit too. And air or water flosser may assist! For example, the Philips one here.

6. Some damn good saucepans like something hard anodized and metal utensil safe non stick that you can stick in the oven. I saw these a few years back so something like that would be good!

7. Pretty Paper Punches like Martha Stewart's line. A girl can craft. I've got to pick them yet though!

8. Laptop - I don't need it at all, but it would be handy. Ideally I'd like a convertible tablet but would rather wait for them to be as outstanding as some of the best laptops out there. 

9. Hand held hoover - the little dyson looks good right? Far too pricey though!

10. Watch this space for more... I you have any ideas or suggest, just post in the comments - I'd very much appreciate any advice!




2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment